Disclaimer: This is the English avatar (not exactly a translation, though close) of a Spanish-language blog. I am not a native English speaker, so I would ask readers to bear kindly with this attempt (possibly too bold) and the mistakes it will entail and to accept the apologies for them I offer in advance here.




miércoles, 21 de enero de 2009

Passtimes...



Still not really working, so I keep spending (possibly just wasting) time in the small side projects. Namely, and since I want to build a semi-replica, I've been thinking (possibly just worrying) about ways to ensure as much a faithful reproduction of the hull as reasonably feasible.

What I've come up with are the modifications of the forms that determine sheer and beam that decorate this entry. I've extended them so that, besides the gunwales they will receive and, hopefully, keep in their proper positions the chine stringers and the keelson too.













I have to admit I actually have some mild fun doing this sort of things. They may even be useful, for example, they help me to keep track of the changing angle of the gunwales along the length of this qajaq. A feature that does scare me a little bit. Well, maybe more than a little bit, to be honest.

I really, really wonder whether this will actually work.

No hay comentarios: